September is Attendance Awareness Month
Attendance is one of the major factors when predicting future success in school! If children don’t show up for school regularly, they miss out on fundamental reading and math skills and the chance to build a habit of good attendance that will carry them into college and careers. Data from a California study found that children who were chronically absent (missing 2 or more days a month) were far less likely to read proficiently at the end of third grade. Please make sure that your child is at school on time unless he/she is sick.
School Wide Expectations
- Congratulations to Ms. Isbell’s class for earning 10 Robo class tickets! They will receive extra recess!
- Congratulations to Ms. Sanchez’s class for earning 20 Robo class tickets! They will receive popsicles!
- We are looking for parent volunteers to coach our school kickball and flag football teams. We will play against other schools on Fridays starting in October. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, September 7 PTA will be having a planning meeting for our Winter Wonderland event at 5:00 in the library. If you would like to help with this event, please plan on attending.
- All play structures are closed during our morning arrival. If you are walking your child to school and waiting around in the morning, we ask that all students are lined up either by their TK classes or on the blacktop.
- Please do not pickup/drop off/ or park in the back parking lot/bus loop. This is a staff only area. When you park or drop off in the back parking lot or bus loop area, you are having to cross multiple crosswalks making it unsafe for our students.
- When picking up and dropping off at the YMCA, please park in an unassigned parking space. The front of the YMCA is surrounded by a fire lane. Cars are not permitted to stop in a fire lane.
Calendar of Events
4- Holiday- No School
5-15 Student Council Service Project- All classes are accepting donations to help support the relief efforts in Maui. All money collected will be donated to the American Read Cross Maui Relief Fund in the name of Camarena Elementary.
5- ELAC Meeting 3:00-4:00 MPR (All families are invited to come learn- What is ELAC?) We will discuss what we are doing to support all English learners on campus.
7- Kinder (Bromley) field trip to the public library
7- Winter Wonderland planning meeting 5:00 library
8- Spirit Day- Wear Sunglasses
8- Happy Birthday Ms. Isbell and Ms. Ponce
9- Happy Birthday Ms. Abuyo
12- DAC/DELAC District Meeting 12:00-2:00
12- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
13- Chick Fil-A Spirit Night
13- School Board Meeting 6:00
14-21 Parent/Teacher Conferences- Minimum Days 1:15
14- Kinder Field Trip- Ms. Swafford
15- International DOT Day- wear polka dots
15- Red Carpet Assemblies grades TK-K @8:30, 1st/2nd @9:30
17-22 Scholastic Book Fair
19- Happy Birthday Ms. Pickett
20- Happy Birthday Ms. Lopez-Solis
22- Red Carpet 3rd/4th @8:30, 5th/6th @9:30
22- Kona Ice after school
23-Oct 9 Fall Break (No School)
28- Happy Birthday Ms. Marroquin
29- Happy Birthday Ms. Antilz