September is Hispanic Heritage Month
September is Attendance Awareness Month
School Wide Expectations
- Congratulations to Ms. Flores’s, Ms. Cosio’s and Ms. Greenzweig’s classes for earning 10 Robo class tickets! They will receive extra recess.
- Congratulations to Ms. Bromley’s, Ms. Abuyo’s, and Ms. Isbell’s class for having 100% perfect attendance this past week!
- All play structures are closed during our morning arrival. If you are walking your child to school and waiting around in the morning, we ask that all students are lined up either by their TK classes or on the blacktop.
- Student success is directly impacted by student attendance. If you child isn’t sick, please make sure they are at school on time everyday.
- Conferences are quickly approaching. You should have received information from your child’s teacher about setting up time to conference on how everyone can work together to support your child. September 14-22 are ALL early dismissal days so that teacher can conference with all families.
- Anyone have an interested in money? We are looking for one person to be part of the District Budget Advisory Committee. The parent representative will learn about school and District budget processes and provide valuable input on District budget priorities. The parent is your site’s voice on the District’s budget planning and will report information back to your School Site Council. Meetings are held monthly at the district office. The first meeting is October 25 from 6:00-7:00. If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Camarena earned the PBIS Bronze Award
California PBIS initiated our first statewide effort in 2015 to implement a recognition system to acknowledge schools for implementing PBIS with fidelity to the national framework. Schools may apply to be recognized as Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum PBIS schools. California PBIS would like to thank each and every schools that have submitted an application. Your dedication and commitment to the students, families, and communities of your respective districts is a major contributing factor to the excellence in education in the state of California.
Our goal for the 2023-2024 school year will be to earn the silver award! We can continue the work of being Safe, Respectful, and Responsible as a community.
Calendar of Events
5-15 Student Council Service Project- All classes are accepting donations to help support the relief efforts in Maui. All money collected will be donated to the American Read Cross Maui Relief Fund in the name of Camarena Elementary.
12- DAC/DELAC District Meeting 12:00-2:00
12- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
13- School Board Meeting 6:00
14-21 Parent/Teacher Conferences- Minimum Days 1:15
14- Kinder Field Trip- Ms. Swafford
15- International DOT Day- wear polka dots
15- Red Carpet Assemblies grades TK-K @8:30, 1st/2nd @9:30
18-22 Scholastic Book Fair
19- Happy Birthday Ms. Pickett
20- Happy Birthday Ms. Lopez-Solis
22- Red Carpet 3rd/4th @8:30, 5th/6th @9:30
22- Kona Ice after school
23-Oct 9 Fall Break (No School)
28- Happy Birthday Ms. Marroquin
29- Happy Birthday Ms. Antilz
1- Happy Birthday Mr. Soileau and Ms. Demchuk
3- Happy Birthday Ms. Tsutsumi
4- Happy Birthday Ms. Rutledge
8- Happy Birthday Ms. Cleator
9- Happy Birthday Ms. Cardenas
10- Happy Birthday Ms. Ingco
10- Students return to school (Minimum Day- TK/K dismiss @1:10, Grades 1-6 dismiss @1:15)