July 22 at 8:15 am is the First Day of School for students in grades 1-6 and is a Minimum Day (Dismissal is 1:15 pm). Students report directly to their classrooms on the 1st Day of School. If students are having Breakfast they may do so between 7:30 am – 8:00 am. All students should be at their classrooms at 8:15 am. Class Lists are posted outside the front office. For safety reasons we do not post class lists online.
- Kindergarten students and parents report to the auditorium at 8:30 am – 10:30 am for the Kindergarten Orientation. Kinders will be dismissed to go home with their parents after orientation.
- July 23 – 26 Kindergarten dismissal is 1:00 pm.
- July 29 Kindergarten schedule 8:15 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 8:15 am – 1:00 pm on Fridays for the rest of the school year.
Smoothies will be available to purchase after school tomorrow. A portion of the proceeds goes back to our school. After tomorrow, Smoothie Thursdays will be back beginning August 1st.
Students in Grades 1-6 Parent Curriculum Information Meetings in the classrooms:
- 1:30 pm or 2:00 pm Grades 1 & 2
- 2:45 pm or 3:15 pm Grades 3 & 4
- 4:00 pm or 4:30 pm Grades 5 & 6
If your child needs to take medication while at school, please stop by the Health Office. All medications is kept in the Health Office not with the student.
Students MUST walk all Scooters, Skateboards, and Bicycles while on campus. Students MUST wears helmets! Heelies and light up shoes are not allowed.
Please note that if students bring personal items to school – cell phones, trading cards, PE equipment, special jewelry, etc. the school is not responsible for any personal items if they are lost, broken or stolen.
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.
Health Fair and Back to School Kickoff August 10. Sponsered by Assemblymember Weber and Senator Atkins. Free backpacks while supplies last.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
6. Students not picked up by 2:55 pm (1:25 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
7. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
WANTED! School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives! Our you interested in serving on our school governance committee. Nominations will be taken July 22 through August 3. Simply leave your name and contact information with the school office. Elections will take place Monday, August 5 at 3:00 pm.
- Meetings only 6 times a year on Mondays at 3:00 pm
- Be a part of the decision making on the school budget
- Be a part of the decision making on school achievement
- No experience necessary
Wednesday, July 24 – 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting. Support our school! Join PTA!
Thursday, July 25 – 8:30 am and 6:00 pm is Parent Information and Volunteer Inservice. Topics include:
- Campus Safety
- School Site Council (SSC)
- English Learner Advisory Committee
- The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Please note that for everyone’s safety NO Visitors or Volunteers will be allowed on campus until August 5. Volunteers must attend one of the Volunteer In-services on July 25.
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing and your request will be taken into consideration only if space is available beginning August 12.
In preparation for the upcoming school year we are in need of getting our school garden ready. We have 2 work parties scheduled for Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Come out and help us get the garden cleaned up and ready to go! Click here for more information. Camarena garden cleanup project.
Monday, May 13 3:00 pm SSC Meeting
Thursday, May 16 6:00 pm VAPA Showcase
Friday, May 17 6:00 pm Family Movie Night
Safety Patrol Applications for current 4th and 5th grader students will be handed out to those interested for next year’s patrol on Tuesday, May 14 by teachers. They will have one week to submit them back to their teacher by Tuesday, May 21st.
It’s time for our annual Hanover Customer Satisfaction Survey. Please take a few moments and let us know how we are doing. The survey closes June 5, 2019. Thank you!
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress
State testing continues this week. Taking these tests help teachers and administrators determine how students are making progress towards the standards that are set to measure how well we are preparing our children for college and/or careers. Though tests do not measure our full potential or what we are truly capable of, learning how to take tests is an important skill that is necessary for entrance into most colleges or required as an entry point for many careers.
Tips for Taking Tests
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Get enough sleep the night before.
- Leave in enough time to keep from rushing.
- Encourage and practice POSITIVE Self-Talk. “I’ve got this!
- Do your best!
- There will be NO Homework for Grades 3-6 during the weeks of CAASPP testing.
- CELL Phones and Smart Watches will be collected by teachers during testing.
- Students who are late will have to do make ups.
- Visitors and/or Volunteers are not allowed in classrooms during testing.
- Classrooms will not be interrupted during testing.
Tuesday, May 21 from 3:00 pm to 8 pm Please support our Fundraiser at Nuyo Frozen Yogurt. Bring the CamarenaRobogriffinsFundraiserFlyer and Mention Camarena and 20% of all sales will be donated back to our school!
Please NOTE – We will celebrate the DAY of the TEACHER on May 29!
Tuesday, May 21 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm Nuyo Frozen Yogurt Fundraiser
Wednesday, May 22 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
Friday, May 24 7:30 am Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Friday, May 24 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
May 28-31 Staff Appreciation Week
Wednesday, May 29 Day of the Teacher
Friday, May 31 Awards Assemblies (K-2 8:30 am and 3-5 9:30 am)
Friday, May 31 6:00 pm Camarena Dance Team Recital
Tuesday, June 4 Yearbooks Distributed and Signing
Wednesday, June 5 4:00 pm 6th Grade Promotion at Eastlake Church
Wednesday, June 5 LAST DAY of SCHOOL
Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL November 19 – 23. School Resumes Monday November 26.
Wednesday, November 28 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting
Friday, December 7 8:30 am ELAC Meeting
Monday, December 10 3:00 pm SSC Meeting
Friday, December 14 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Winterwonderland
Friday, December 14 Awards Assemblies
Friday, December 21 SPORTS Day! Dress up in your favorite Sports garb!
December 24 – January 14 NO SCHOOL Winter Break
For District Notifications 2018-19 SMS Text Opt-in English or Spanish
Law Enforcement Day is coming! If you work for a law enforcement agency we invite you to participate in our annual Law Enforcement Day. Please complete the contact information form so that we may contact you and place you on our list of participating agencies.
Suggestions for Improved Safety Form