Monday, January 20 NO SCHOOL in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Friday, January 24 at 8:30 am Dr. Mclaren will provide and inservice on “How to Help Your Child with Reading”. The inservice will be in the YMCA room.
Saturday, January 25 is the Camarena Spelling Bee. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbooks go on sale Tuesday, January 21! Pre-sales will run until Feb. 28 . Our pre-sale price is $36.00 and will increase to $50.00 after that. All sales will end March 20 and must be completed online. Click here for more information.
PTA is now looking for nominees for next year’s PTA Board. The following positions are open:
- Elected positions- President, Executive VP, Treasurer, Recording Secretary and Historian
- Appointed Positions/Volunteers- Corresponding Secretary, Parliamentarian, Membership Chair, Winter Wonderland Chair and Book Fair chair.
- To nominate/volunteer please contact Megan @ email@example.com
- Nominating report will be presented on Jan 24 @ 1:30.
Soccer Shots Registration Form for next session.
2020/21 Registration for Kindergarteners who will turn 5-years-old on or before September 1 and new students in grades 1st through 6th will begin on February 19th . Packets will be available in the school office beginning February 5th.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District, the San Diego County Fair and Magic 92.5 FM will launch a Student Attendance Campaign on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 through May 4, 2020. Each student who has perfect attendance during the contest period will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
- Monday, February 3 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
- February 6 & 7 2nd Grade Wax Museum
- Friday, February 7 – Kids Heart Challenge
- Friday, February 7 8:30 am 4-6 Grade Camarena Speech Competition
- Friday, February 7 – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friendship Dance
- Friday, February 14 and Monday February 17 NO SCHOOL – President’s Holiday
- Friday, February 21 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Monday February 24 – Spring Picture Day
- Wednesday February 26 – 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
- Friday, February 28 – Military Families Robo-Bootcamp 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
“How to Support your Language Learner at Home” is the next parent at the CVESD district office located at 84 E. J Street. The training will be January 21 in room C at 11:00 am – 11:45. It is free.
The School District is also offering a preview on January 27 of the Adolescent Growth Education (AGE) program taught to students in grades 4 – 6. For more information contact the school district at 619-425-9600.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.