School Wide Expectations
Congratulations to Ms. Stentiford’s, Ms. DelaGarza’s, Ms. Ingco’s, Ms. Jones’s, Ms. Lamas’s, and Ms. Barrett’s classes for earning 10 ROBO class tickets! They will receive an extra recess.
- Thanks to everyone who attended movie night! PTA put on a great event for our community. Please take time to join the PTA and volunteer if you have time. https://www.camarenapta.org/
- Follow PTA on Instagram @camarenarobopta
- School starts at 8:15. Please arrive on time. If you arrive at 8:15 or after, students will need to stop for the office for a green slip.
- If it is raining on Monday, we will follow our rainy day schedule. In the morning students that arrive early will start their day in the MPR. At 8:00, students transition to the covered areas right outside of the classrooms. Recess will be indoors and lunch will be in the MPR.
- When it rains, traffic becomes even worse than a regular day- be prepared.
News from PTA
|You are personally invited to come out to our next General Body Meeting on Wednesday August 23rd at 6 P.M. in the Multipurpose room or virtually (link below). We will be discussing how to spend the money from our budget that was passed at our last meeting. We will also be discussing upcoming events. We would love to hear your thoughts! Hope to see you there!
Looking forward to seeing you all,
PTA President 2023-2024
Or dial: (US) +1 570-500-5864 PIN: 701 510 661#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/rbi-egqu-otm?pin=2621705441554
School attendance is required by law. Parents/guardians of children between the ages of six and eighteen years of age are responsible for sending their children to school every day and on time. When students attend class regularly and on time, opportunities for successful learning increase; consequently, the importance of regular on-time attendance cannot be overemphasized.
Students are identified as chronically absent when they have missed 10% or more days for both excused and unexcused absences in relation to the total days enrolled for any given school year.
To partner with parent(s)/guardian(s) regarding chronically absent students, schools may request information as to why students are missing so many days of excused and/or unexcused absences. School nurses may ask parent(s)/guardian(s) to sign a release of information for the students’ attending physician to best support the students’ medical needs at school to the extent possible.
Additionally, parent(s)/guardian(s) and students may be placed on a Student Attendance Review Team (SART) contract as a means of intervention to support positive attendance.
Fall Junior Academy
The Chula Vista Elementary School District has partnered with the YMCA of San Diego County to offer students in TK-6th grade a FREE Expanded Learning Opportunity Program. The Junior Academy Program will offer a wide variety of academic and engaging enrichment activities, meals, and field trips. Please fill out the interest form to be considered for the Junior Academy Program.
Fall 2023 Junior Academy Program
- Date: September 25th-October 6th
- Location: Chula Vista Hills, Cook, Jeffers, and Rice
- Hours of Operation: 7:30am-4:30pm.
- Dates for Interest forms submission: Friday, August 25th
- Families notified if selected by: Friday, September 1st
- Selected family’s complete registration by: Friday, September 8th
- Interest form: link to interest form
- FAQ: Link to FAQ
Calendar of Events
23- General Body PTA Meeting 6:00-7:00
24- Fall Pictures
25- Happy Birthday Ms. Rawman
25- Kona Ice after school
31- Happy Birthday Ms. Noriko
31- Picture retakes for absent students only
31- Kinder (Moran) field trip to the public library
1- Kinder (Gutierrez) field trip to the library
1- Happy Birthday Ms. Lidstone and Ms. Torres
2- Happy Birthday Ms. Elaine Lopez and Ms. Lucas
4- Holiday- No School
5- ELAC Meeting 3:00-4:00 MPR
7- Kinder (Bromley) field trip to the public library
8- Happy Birthday Ms. Isbell and Ms. Ponce
9- Happy Birthday Ms. Abuyo
12- DAC/DELAC District Meeting 12:00-2:00
12- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
13- Chick Fil-A Spirit Night
13- School Board Meeting 6:00
14-21 Parent/Teacher Conferences- Minimum Days 1:15
14- Kinder Field Trip- Ms. Swafford
15- International DOT Day
15- Red Carpet Assemblies grades TK-K @8:30, 1st/2nd @9:30
17-22 Scholastic Book Fair
19- Happy Birthday Ms. Pickett
20- Happy Birthday Ms. Lopez-Solis
22- Kona Ice after school
23-Oct 9 Fall Break (No School)