- Please use the sidewalks and designated crosswalks around the campus.
- Please don’t use cell phones when driving on campus.
School Wide Expectations
- Congratulations to Ms. Moran’s class for earning 10 Robo class tickets! They will receive popsicles!
- Congratulations to Ms. Lahlum’s, Ms. Escamilla’s, Ms. Delagarza’s, and Ms. Cosio’s classes for earning 20 Robo class tickets! They will receive popcorn and an extra recess!
- Congratulations to Ms. Esparza’s and Ms. Sanchez’s classes for earning 40 Robo class tickets! They will receive a class chosen celebration.
- If any adults are available on Fridays from 8:30-10:30 to help with the prize cart, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have 75 yearbooks left at $40.00 each. If you would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to Buy the Yearbook (pictavo.com) and enter our school’s code 713429
CAASPP State Testing
Every year, California students take several statewide tests. When combined with other measures such as grades, class work, and teacher observations, these tests give families and teachers a more complete picture of their child’s learning. You can use the results to identify where your child is doing well and where they might need more support.
Near the end of each school year, students in grade 3 and higher take summative assessments. The umbrella term we use to talk about the summative assessments our students take is CAASPP which stands for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress.
The CAASPP system has three main parts:
- SBAC: Smarter Balanced Assessments for English Language Arts and Math*
* Students with significant cognitive disabilities, as designated in their active Individualized Education Program (IEP), are eligible to take the CAASPP California Alternate Assessments (CAA) for English Language Arts, Math, and Science.
- CAST: California Science Test (grade 5, 8, and once in high school)
- CSA: California Spanish Assessment (for CVESD Dual Language Spanish Immersion Programs)
To learn more about these state tests go to the Starting Smarter web page at: http://ca.startingsmarter.org/ or review the Parent Guides to Understanding at: http://cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/parentguidetounderstand.asp.
Thanks to the hard work of our student council! They work all year to help around the school and community. Because of their fundraising efforts, we were able to install a “Buddy Bench” next to the playground. They will also share information about it on our Robo Report.
Week in Review
WOW, What a busy week we had on campus! The week started off with our reclassification ceremony. We had 24 students earn this honor of maintaining their home language with also becoming proficient in English. Sixth grade did an amazing job with their CAASPP testing. Then on Wednesday we were able to have a special breakfast with all of our military connected families. Our teacher of the year, Shannon Cleator, was recognized at the school board meeting on Wednesday night. On Thursday, second grade presented their annual wax museum projects. Students were able to practice their public speaking along with researching famous people. First grade took a field trip to the library to enhance their love of reading.
Calendar of Events:
24- Happy Birthday Ms. Flores
25- Jr Soccer Game 4:15 King Chavez Cubs
26- Happy Birthday Ms. Blakely and Ms. Lopez
26- Upper Soccer Game 4:15 @Hedenkamp
26- Camarena PTA meeting 6:00-7:00 in the MPR
28- Military connected family GAME NIGHT 5:00-7:00
28- First Grade Field Trip (various classes)
1- Happy Birthday Ms. Espinoza
1- Upper Soccer game 4:15 @Camarena
2- Jr Soccer Game 4:15 @Camarena
3-Upper Soccer Game 4:15 @Wolf Canyon
3- Basketball Game 6:00 @Mackenzie Creek Park
4- Happy Birthday Ms. Mendoza
4- Kinder Field Trip to Zoo
4- First Grade field trip to library (various classes)
5- Happy Birthday Ms. Daffer
5- Spirit Day
9- DAC/DELAC district meeting 12:00-2:00
9- JR Soccer Game 4:15 @Camarena
10- Basketball Game 4:00 and 5:00 @Mackenzie Creek Park
12- Spirit Day
15-19 Sixth Grade- Camp
15- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
19- Red Carpet (TK-K @8:30, 1st-2nd @9:30)
20- Happy Birthday Ms. Murphy