Worried about summer learning loss? Here are 10 Tips for things you can do during the break to keep up your skills.
- Read and discuss some of the recommended Common Core Standards Text Exemplars.
- Keep a journal on the things you do each day, games you play, programs you watch, etc.
- Do some fun math activities or play board games like Monopoly, Sudoku, or Qwirkle.
- Choose a few of the K-2 Reading/Writing activities (English) (Spanish).
- Keep a science journal noticing the changes in the plants or the types of creatures in your neighborhood. What insects, reptiles, birds, and mammals live in your area? Why?
- Listen to Podcasts and reduce your screen time. You can listen in the car, too!
- Visit a Virtual Museum!
- Try out some of the VAPA Activities.
- CVESD has prepared materials for Summer Learning at Home.
- In addition, students, including students moving on to middle school, can continue to use all district online programs through July 31.
Pending board approval, the 2020-21 school year will begin for students on August 31, 2020 and end on June 15, 2021. Click here for Superintendent Dr. Escobedo’s most recent newsletter.
The LAST DAY the Camarena office staff will be available by phone or email is Tuesday, June 16, 2020. The office will RE-OPEN in August 17, 2020.
Registration for new students continues ONLINE. Questions? Call CVESD at 619-425-9600.