Sept. 16-19 Scholastics Bookfair
Thursday, Sept. 19 8:30 am Awards Assembly Grades 4-6
Friday, Sept. 20 8:30 am (K-1) & 9:15 (2-3) Awards Assemblies
Student Council is asking that our school support the Hurricane Dorian victims by making a donation to one or both of the following organizations:
- HeadKnowles – a Bahamian relief operation that has set up a Go Fund Me account.
- Global Giving – which has established the Hurricane Dorian Relief Fund to provide emergency supplies and long term assistance to help in rebuilding.
Lost and Found items not claimed by this Friday will be donated to local charities.
Volunteers are needed for October 24 in the morning to help direct our agency vehicles and student flow for our Red Ribbon Assembly Day. Please let the office know if you can help.
Enter the The PTA Reflections Art Competition. The theme for the 2019-2020 Reflections Art Program is “Look Within”! Submit your entry to the Camarena PTA by Friday, October 11. Categories include:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
JOIN PTA – One primary and One upper grade class will receive a popsicle party for recruiting the most members!
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden please come out on the following dates:
After School Homework Club is available for Camarena students starting 2nd Quarter. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 619-840-7886.
District Americanism Essay Contest sponsored by the local Elks Lodge.
Monday, Sept. 16 at 6:00 pm in Room C at the Chula Vista School District on 84 E. J Street, parents of students in grades 4-6 will have the opportunity to learn about the Adolescent Growth Education (AGE) program provided for students.
Saturday, October 19 7:30 am – 12:00 5th Annual Parent Academy at Vista Square Elementary. Breakfast is provided for FREE! This is a great opportunity for parents throughout the district to network with other parents.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- Chess Club
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- Team Dance Flyer scholarship application 2019 2020(1)
Sept. 23-Oct. 7 FALL BREAK-NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 8 School Resumes – Regular Day
- Camarena School Hours 2019-2020
- Camarena Calendar of Events 2019-2020
- District Year Round Calendar 2019-2020
- District Monthly Calendar of Events
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.