School Wide Expectations
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
When students are demonstrating our school wide expectations, they have the opportunity to earn individual and class ROBO Rockstar Passes. If your child comes home and says they earned a ROBO ticket, it is a BIG deal! Make sure to celebrate the success with your child.
- Thanks to all who attended the PTA kickoff and Back to School Night.
- Traffic will increase now that kindergarten and TK are on a regular schedule.
- Thank you for following the traffic procedures. Please pull all the way forward and drop off next to the yellow curb. Students dropped off, need to be independent when getting in and out of the car.
- Afternoon pick up- please do NOT leave your car if you are next to the yellow curb.
- It is a right turn only when exiting the main parking lot.
- Please do not park and yell at your child to cross the three lanes of traffic in our parking lot. You will need to walk to the safety of the curb and walk with your child.
- Please do not enter the back bus loop. This is not a drop off for students.
- Do not park illegally in the parking lot (Double parking, parking behind others, parking next the red curb, etc.) Police will be out next week issuing citations.
- Grades K-6 start the day on the blacktop. Please do not bring your child to the classroom door.
- The office does not have the staff available to deliver items to students, and we will not interrupt the learning environment to deliver items. If you bring an item after the start of the day, we will place the item in the teacher’s mailbox and email the teacher however, they do not check emails during instructional time.
- Students are not allowed to have cell phones out upon entering the campus.
Please take some time to review the family handbook.
School Site Council- Members Needed
We need to elect TWO parent representatives to Camarena’s School Site Council (SSC) for the 2023 – 2024 school year. The purpose of this council is to monitor the progress of our school plan, which includes the budgets to accompany it. Parent representatives provide valuable input concerning the curriculum and activities that expand the core curriculum assured by district categorical funding.
The School Site Council is an elected decision-making body for the school.
If you have the time and the interest to serve on the School Site Council (SSC), please email email@example.com. It is a wonderful opportunity to become very familiar with our school and help provide input into school-wide decision-making. This is a 2-year term. Sixth grade parents can serve only one year but may run in this election. If you are interested in having your name placed on the ballot, please fill out and return the information form below to Ms. Cardenas. SSC meetings are held monthly; 3:00-4:00 pm and they will be in person with a virtual option.
(ELAC) English Language Advisory Committee and (DELAC) District English Language Advisory Committee
ELAC is a school level elected committee of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise school officials on English Learner programs and services. If you are interested in being part of the committee please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the link and visit the PTA website. From the website you can join the PTA, volunteer for events or purchase spirit wear. Please plan to join us for the first PTA meeting on Thursday at 5:00.
All students are invited to participate in our “Annual Color Days”. Each day we wear a special color to help our TK/Kinder students focus on learning all the colors.
Calendar of Events
July 31- Happy Birthday Ms. Greenzweig
1-9 5th Grade field trips to the Hydro Station
7-16 6th Grade field trips to Imagination/Sound/Energy Stations
7- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
9- School Board Meeting 6:00
15- DAC/DELAC District Meeting 12:00-2:00
18- Happy Birthday Ms. Swafford
18- PTA Movie Night
24- Fall Pictures
25- Happy Birthday Ms. Rawman
31- Happy Birthday Ms. Noriko
31- Picture retakes for absent students only