First Day of School- Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- All students will report directly to the classrooms.
- First Day School Hours 1st-6th 8:15-1:15
- First Day School Hours TK-Kinder 8:30-10:00
At Camarena, we follow a placement process that maximizes both positive academic and social experiences within the classroom. It is our commitment to place all children in an optimized learning environment where they will thrive and reach their fullest potential. Our goal is to create an equitable and balanced classroom environment that ensures the success of all students. The assignment of students to classes is a collective effort made by a placement team made up of teachers and school administration. Decisions for class placement are student-based using the following criteria: gender ratio, range of academic levels, language proficiency, past interactions, teacher’s knowledge, and special needs of students. Due to the delicate nature of creating equitable classes, we will not make any classroom adjustments at this time.
On Tuesday around 5:00 you will receive an email from school messenger that will have a step by step guide for you to access your child’s teacher and room number. Class assignments will be accessed through the Home Access Center. Home Access Center is where you registered your child and provided proof of residency. You will need to use the same code you used for residency verification. Classes will NOT be posted outside of the school. If you are unable to access the information on Tuesday evening, we will have staff members ready to assist with finding your class on Wednesday morning.
2023-2024 School Schedule
- For safety, TK and Kinder will be dismissed 5 minutes before the rest of the school.
- All students will report directly to class on Wednesday, July 19, 2023. School starts at 8:15. (TK/Kinder @8:30 Wednesday ONLY)
- Students do not have school supply list. Our campus provides the basic school supplies needed. Teachers will share a “wish list” or “donation board” during the first weeks of school.
- Traffic will be extremely heavy the first week of school. I suggest that you either walk or park in the neighborhood and walk your child to the campus. Please do not park illegally, as we will have tow trucks on site. For the afternoon, I would suggest reviewing a meeting place with your child.
Special Dates for Kindergarten Families
July 18, 2023 @3:00 TK Orientation in the Library
July 18, 2023 @4:00 Kindergarten Orientation in teacher classrooms
July 19, 2023 Kindergarten/TK students attend school from 8:30-10:00. Parents will attend class with their child from 8:30-9:15 then meet with school leadership and PTA from 9:15-10:00. Students are dismissed to parents at 10:00.
July 20, 2023 Kinder/TK students are dismissed at 1:10 (There will not be any bus transportation in the afternoon.)
July 21, 2023 Kinder/TK students are dismissed at 1:10 (There will be transportation since it’s a district early release day.)
July 24-27 2023, Kinder/TK students are dismissed at 1:10 (There will not be any bus transportation in the afternoon.)
July 28, 2023 Kinder/TK students are dismissed at 1:10 (There will be transportation since it’s a district early release day.)
Please take some time to read through the family handbook. This handbook has very important information with traffic and school expectations.
Join our PTA
PTA is a great organization that provides support and enrichment to our staff, students, and community. I would ask that all families join PTA and become an active partner in your child’s education.
Keep up with School Information through our Social Media
School Blog: https://camarenarobogriffins.blog/
Calendar of Events
July 19- First Day of School (1st-6th dismiss @1:15)
July 21- Just a reminder that ALL Fridays are minimum days with TK/K dismissal @1:10 and 1st-6th @1:15
July 24- Happy Birthday Ms. Marcial
July 27- PTA Meeting/Back to School Orientation
- 5:00-5:30 PTA Kickoff in the MPR
- 5:40-6:10 Session 1
- 6:15-6:45 Session 2 (Repeat of Session 1)
July 29- Community Expo
July 31- Happy Birthday Ms. Greenzweig
1-9 5th Grade field trips to the Hydro Station
7-16 6th Grade field trips to Imagination/Sound/Energy Stations
7- SSC Meeting 3:00-4:00
15- DAC/DELAC District Meeting 12:00-2:00
18- Happy Birthday Ms. Swafford
24- Fall Pictures