No school on Monday 1/16/23. Students return to full day instruction on 1/17/23
- Congratulations to Ms. Muro’s class! They earn 20 Robo class tickets and will receive popcorn and an extra recess!
Kids Heart Challenge
Kids Heart Challenge has kicked off! Our goal is to have 100% of our families learn Hands-Only CPR by completing Finn’s Mission. Help us save lives and Be the Torch that will light the path of hope in the fight against heart disease and stroke! If you haven’t yet, join our team TODAY! It can help us win the Classroom Challenge!
- LOG IN/SIGN UP at http://www2.heart.org/goto/Camarena and take the challenge to Be Kind or Move More!
- SEND 10 emails or texts to family and friends through the Kids Heart Challenge App forApple or Android
- COMPLETE FINN’S MISSION in your HQ to learn Hands-Only CPR, how to spot a stroke F.A.S.T., and how you can help kids with special hearts! Students who complete Finn’s Mission will earn Finn’s Lifesaver Award!
Special School Incentives:
- The class with the most students registered will get a smoothie party, and each student in that class will receive a Frankie keychain. Our goal is to have a minimum of 400 students registered.
- Current leaders
- Ms. Muro
- Ms. Tsutsumi
- Ms. Pickett
- Current leaders
- If we reach our fundraising goal, Principal Soileau & volunteering teachers will get pied in the face by the top students at the end event!
- We have currently raised $4,000 of our $22,000 goal
Click here for your Virtual Envelope to meet the Heart Heroes and see the cool thank-you gifts your student can earn! Be sure to talk with your student about their favorite Heart Hero and heart healthy message from today’s kick-off! Thank you for supporting our school and the American Heart Association!
Positive Solutions for Families- FREE parenting series for Preschool Parents
Positive Solutions for Families is an evidence-informed seven part series of workgroups. Parents and caregivers will learn how to use positive approaches and effective parenting techniques to improve interactions with their child(ren), which in turn will support social and emotional development and address challenging behaviors.
The courses are offered in English and Spanish. Each session builds on the previous so it is encouraged that interested families attend all workshops. Space is limited and materials are provided ahead of time, so families are encouraged to register early. Sessions will be weekly on Thursdays from 5:00-6:30 via TEAMS beginning on 2/2/23. Please click on the attached flyer if interested.
TK and Kindergarten Registration Virtual Townhall Meeting
The early childhood education and student placement departments present a virtual information session for parents and guardians of students eligible for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year. Students are eligible for transitional kindergarten if the child turns five on September 2, 2023- April 2, 2024. If a child turns five on or before September 1, 2023, the child is eligible for kindergarten. Please click on the link for more information
Soccer Tryouts for Grades 2 and 3
Thanks to a couple of parents and Ms. Isbell, we were able to create a soccer team for second and third grade! Tryouts will be Wednesday, January 18 from 3:00-4:30. Please click on the flyer for more information.
Calendar of Events:
16- No School- Dr. MLK Jr. Day
17- Half of 6th grade JA Financial Park Field Trip
17- DAC/DELAC Meeting 12:00-2:00 @District Office
18- Soccer tryouts for second and third grade 3:00-4:30
18- Special PTA General Meeting 6:00-7:00
19- Family Engagement Series- In person, 6:00 pm, dinner served, at 84 East J Street, Childcare provided. “Hiding in Plainsight: Overview of Human Trafficking”
20- Happy Birthday Ms. Cobos
20- Lunar New Year
20- Spirit Day
22- Happy Birthday Mr. Morales
23-27 Great Kindness Challenge Week
23- Happy Birthday Ms. Jones
23- SSC 3:00-4:00
25- Black Advisory Council (BAC) Meeting District Office 6:00-7:00
25- PTA General Meeting 6:00-7:00
27- Spirit Day- Disney
30- Happy Birthday Ms. Muro
30- ELAC Meeting/Coffee with the Principal 8:30-9:30
1- TK and Kinder Registration Virtual Townhall Meeting 6:00-8:00
3- Happy Birthday Ms. Sanchez
3- Kids Heart Challenge/Jump Rope Event
6- Happy Birthday Ms. Ambrose
7- Happy Birthday Ms. Brooker
7- DAC/DELAC Meeting 12:00-2:00 @District Office
9- Happy Birthday Ms. Buenaventura
10- School Spirit Day
15- School Board Meeting 6:00
17- No School- President’s Day
20- No School- President’s Day