It’s time for Residency Verification! In order to attend Camarena School ALL STUDENTS with the exception of incoming Kindergarteners who already registered, MUST provide documentation of residency. Click here for the residency verification form. Click here for the 2nd Family Affidavit (if home is in someone else’s name). Past due bills are ok this year only. Please scan/take a photo of your completed documents and email to email@example.com.
Monday, August 17 The School Office staff will be available to support families from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. For the safety of everyone we ask that you please call or email before coming to the school office. 619-591-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, August 24 Class Lists will be posted on the blog. Please note we will not be able to make changes to class assignments until after school begins and only if space is available.
Monday, August 31 THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR THE 2020 – 2021 – DISTANCE LEARNING! Please note that the first week of school will have no more than 2 hours of daily live interaction with teachers. After that the minimum school schedule for instructional minutes are as follows:
- The school instructional hours are 8:15 am – 2:45 grades 1-6 and 8:15 am – 2:30 pm Kindergarten Monday – Thursday. Fridays are still considered minimum days.
- Kindergarten: 180 instructional minutes (3 hours)
- Grades 1-3: 230 instructional minutes (3 hours and 50 minutes)
- Grades 4-6: 240 instructional minutes (4 hours)
More specific classroom schedules will be forthcoming. Fridays are still considered minimum days for staff planning, meetings, and professional development. The instructional day on Fridays ends at 1:00 for Kindergarten and 1:15 for grades 1-6.
Distance Learning: Defined as instruction in which the student and instructor are in different locations and students are under the general supervision of a certificated employee.
● Daily Live Interaction: Defined as interaction with certificated employees and students (opportunities for student to student connections) for purposes of instruction, progress monitoring, and maintaining school connectedness. This interaction may take the form of internet or telephonic communication, or by other means permissible under public health orders.
● Synchronous learning: Defined as online instruction that takes place in real time (live) with the classroom teacher and a student or students, including direct and live instruction to students through video conferencing, telecommunications, live interactive chats and discussion forums, whole or small-group instruction, 1:1 conferring, assessing and/or instruction, daily live interaction, and interactive class meetings/restorative circles.
● Asynchronous learning: Defined as instruction or learning that does not occur in real time (live), including self-guided instructional lessons/activities/modules, pre-recorded lessons, discussion forums and online collaboration/chats that do not happen live, other independent work.
Please note that California Compulsory Education Law requires everyone between the ages of six and eighteen years of age to attend school, except sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds who have graduated from high school or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) and obtained parental permission to leave.
- Thursday, August 27 – 12:00 pm – 4:00
- Friday, August 28 – 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Saturday; August 29 – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Laptop devices will be availab.le during the distribution times for those who need them. If you check out a laptop you must complete a device Release Agreement English. Release Agreement Spanish. Also, be sure the device is working properly prior to the start of school. To support the environment we ask that you Bring your own box or large bag for your materials!
The Census is conducted every 10 years and this information is used to determine how much our schools and school communities will receive in state and federal funds. For more information click here. Due to COVID19 the deadline for the 2020 Census has been extended to October 21. However, if you have not completed the Census, beginning August 11 Census workers will begin going door to door to encourage you to do so! Each person makes a difference so BE COUNTED!
Want to stay current with what is happening in our school district and our city? Sign up for Let’s Talk.