Congratulations to the following Camarena Staff:
- Maria Ponce, School Secretary is our Classified Employee of the Year!
- Robyn Elsmore 5th grade teacher has been selected as one of three Chula Vista Elementary School Teachers of the Year and will advance to the San Diego County Office of Education Competition!
- Kariann Greenlee 6th Grade Teacher is our Sanford Harmony Inspire Teacher of the Year!
Wednesday, March 11 6:00 pm If you are interested in learning about our Dual Language Immersion Program please attend the Dual Immersion Parent Info Meeting at 6:00 pm in the school auditorium.
Thursday, March 12 – Thursday, March 19 MINIMUM DAYS – Parent/Teacher Conferences. Students in Kindergarten will be dismissed each day at 1:00 pm and all other students will be released at 1:15 pm. Please make sure to notify daycare providers or family/friends who are picking your child/children up on these early days.
Friday, March 13 6:00 pm – VAPA Showcase. The Visual and Performing Arts teachers will be showcasing the arts education that they are providing for our students. Click VAPA Showcase for more information.
Health Reminders as we continue to monitor and provide districtwide updates on the COVID-19 disease. Remind your child to wash their hands when using the bathroom and before eating snack and/or lunch. Students should NOT SHARE food. If your child is sick, keep him/her home. Please note that our school is taking extra precautions in keeping the campus cleaned.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK through THOUGHT EXCHANGE. Please take a few minutes to respond to open-ended questions about what we’re doing well and where we can improve. The Chula Vista Elementary School District will use your input to inform our academic priorities in support of student achievement. The Thought Exchange link will be open through March 20. Opt In to receive info via text send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.
In order to have an effective response for significant events, it is important for us to be prepared. Though we have regular drills for students and staff, we need the support of our parents, guardians and families in the following ways:
- Ensure that you and family members who want to be notified are registered to receive text messages on your cell phone through our emergency notification system. To opt in, please text “Y” or “Yes” to 67587.
- Check and update the emergency card information in the school’s front office any time you or one of the contacts change information.
- If you or any of the emergency contacts are ever asked to pick up a child at the school during an emergency or a medical event, please remember to bring your identification card. We are unable to release children to any person who does not have proper ID. We are only allowed to release children to those individuals listed on the emergency card, no exceptions.
- In any emergency, please remember that we want to keep phone lines open so our first responders such as fire, law enforcement and emergency medical personnel can use the phone lines to get life-saving resources to the scene(s). Therefore, the BEST form of communication between family members and friends during an emergency is texting.
- If an incident happens at your child’s school, please know that our staff will first handle the emergency, ensure life safety, and then communicate with you. It is critical to take life-saving measures before texting about it.
- If an incident happens at your child’ school, follow the instructions of law enforcement and school administrators.
Parents can now access their student score reports for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Learner Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). Go to http://www.cvesd.org, Parents tab, My Child’s School, Home Access Center or click Register. Parent information for students taking the California Spanish Assessment (CSA) click here.
Our 6th Grade student collaborative Art Work will be displayed at the Cabrillo National Park Exhibit on April 1 – May 30.
Otay Water District Poster Contest – A first and second winner will be awarded from each category. Each of the six chosen participants will win a certificate with their name on it, $50-$75 gift card, art kit, and goodie bag.
Chess Club begins on Thursday, March 5
Team Dance begins Session 5 begins Friday, March 6
- March 16 – 19 Scholastics Bookfair (Hours: 7:30 am – 8:00 am, 8:30 am – 11:00 am, and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm)
- Thursday, March 19 Awards Assembly – 8:30 am Grades 4-6
- Friday, March 20 Awards Assembly – Grades 4-6 8:30 am; Grades 2-3 9:15 am
- March 23 – April 3 NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
Students with PERFECT Attendance January 14 through May 4 will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Soccer Shots Registration Form
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.