Read Across America Week
Our YMCA is sponsoring a Movie Night Friday, March 6 at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. The Movie is the Lorax in honor of Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. For extra fun wear your PJ’s and bring your own chairs. Concessions will be available.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS REMINDER – Saturday, March 7 before your retire for the evening set your clocks one hour ahead!
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK through THOUGHT EXCHANGE. Please take a few minutes to respond to open-ended questions about what we’re doing well and where we can improve. The Chula Vista Elementary School District will use your input to inform our academic priorities in support of student achievement. The Thought Exchange link will be open through March 20. Opt In to receive info via text send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.
Otay Water District Poster Contest – A first and second winner will be awarded from each category. Each of the six chosen participants will win a certificate with their name on it, $50-$75 gift card, art kit, and goodie bag.
Parents can now access their student score reports for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Learner Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). Go to http://www.cvesd.org, Parents tab, My Child’s School, Home Access Center or click Register.
Chess Club begins on Thursday, March 5
Team Dance begins Session 5 begins Friday, March 6
- Wednesday, March 11 6:00 pm Dual Immersion Parent Info Mtg.
- Thursday, March 12 – Thursday, March 19 MINIMUM DAYS – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 13 6:00 pm – VAPA Showcase
- March 16 – 19 Scholastics Bookfair
- Thursday, March 19 Awards Assembly – 8:30 am Grades 4-6
- Friday, March 20 Awards Assembly – Grades 4-6 8:30 am; Grades 2-3 9:15 am
- March 23 – April 3 NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
Students with PERFECT Attendance January 14 through May 4 will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Soccer Shots Registration Form
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.