A special shout out to Ms. Jacqueline Collins and Ms. Jessica Williams for an awesome School Friendship Dance!
Congratulations to the following students who took First Place in the Camarena Speech Competition and will moving forward to compete in the district competition: 4th Grade – Alyssa Rafal, 5th Grade – Magdalene Fischer, and 6th grade – Victor Velasquez. Go Robo!
Friday, February 14 and Monday February 17 NO SCHOOL – President’s Holiday
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED a few days before the VAPA Showcase Friday, March 13. This is a great opportunity for high-schoolers who need community service. Sign up Here.
Just a Reminder: Cell phones are not to be taken out and/or used at recess or lunch time. Students with medical needs that are documented in a 504 are the only exception.
Our Southbay YMCA campaign has now begun. If you are interested in supporting the “Y” to help those in need of scholarships for camps, childcare, etc. – please make your donation out to the Southbay YMCA and drop it off to the school office no later than February 28.
Yearbooks are on sale! Pre-sale price is $36.00 through the end of February. If there are any additional yearbooks available after presales the cost will be $50.00. All sales will end March 20 and must be completed online at https://commpe.pictavo.com/. The SCHOOL CODE is 87294.
Parents can now access their student score reports for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Learner Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). Go to http://www.cvesd.org, Parents tab, My Child’s School, Home Access Center or click Register.
Wednesday, February 19 – Registration begins for the 2020 – 2021 school year for Kindergarteners who will turn 5 years old on or before September 1 and new students in grades 1-6. Registration packets will be available in the school office beginning February 5.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District, the San Diego County Fair and Magic 92.5 FM will launch a Student Attendance Campaign on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 through May 4, 2020. Each student who has perfect attendance during the contest period will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
- Friday, February 21 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Monday February 24 – Spring Picture Day
- Wednesday February 26 – 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
- Friday, February 28 – Military Families Robo-Bootcamp 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Monday, March 2 3:00 pm SSC Mtg Cancelled.Next Mtg. April 13.
- Friday, March 6 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Thursday, March 12 – Thursday, March 19 MINIMUM DAYS – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 13 6:00 pm – VAPA Showcase
- March 16 – 19 Scholastics Bookfair
- Thursday, March 19 Awards Assembly – 8:30 am Grades 4-6
- Friday, March 20 Awards Assembly – Grades 4-6 8:30 am; Grades 2-3 9:15 am
- March 23 – April 3 NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
CVESD is offering the following workshops for parents at the CVESD office on 84 E. J Street. The topic “Social-Emotional Learning: What is it & How I can support it at Home?”
- February 10 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Room C
Students with PERFECT Attendance January 14 through May 4 will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Soccer Shots Registration Form
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
School Hours and Daily Schedule 2019-2020
Camarena Calendar of Events 2019-2020
District Year Round Calendar 2019-2020
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.