Monday, February 3 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
Wednesday, February 5 – Kinder Registration Packets will be available. Office will be open this day only at 7:00 am.
February 6 8:30 am – 2nd Grade Wax Museum
Friday, February 7 – Kids Heart Challenge (Schedule TBD)
Friday, February 7 8:30 am 4-6 Grade Camarena Speech Competition
Friday, February 7 – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friendship Dance FREE – 50’s Theme
February 7 is the last day for students in grades 4-6 to turn in applications to participate in the Entrepeneur Academy. Students will be notified if they have been accepted by Thursday, February 13. Sessions will be held on Tuesdays beginning February 25 in room 304 from 2:45 pm – 3:30 pm.
Yearbooks are on sale! Pre-sale price is $36.00 through the end of February. If there are any additional yearbooks available after presales the cost will be $50.00. All sales will end March 20 and must be completed online at https://commpe.pictavo.com/. The SCHOOL CODE is 87294.
Parents can now access their student score reports for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Learner Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). Go to http://www.cvesd.org, Parents tab, My Child’s School, Home Access Center or click Register.
Wednesday, February 19 – Registration begins for the 2020 – 2021 school year for Kindergarteners who will turn 5 years old on or before September 1 and new students in grades 1-6. Registration packets will be available in the school office beginning February 5.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District, the San Diego County Fair and Magic 92.5 FM will launch a Student Attendance Campaign on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 through May 4, 2020. Each student who has perfect attendance during the contest period will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
- Friday, February 14 and Monday February 17 NO SCHOOL – President’s Holiday
- Friday, February 21 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Monday February 24 – Spring Picture Day
- Wednesday February 26 – 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
- Friday, February 28 – Military Families Robo-Bootcamp 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Monday, March 2 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
- Friday, March 6 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Thursday, March 12 – Thursday, March 19 MINIMUM DAYS – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 13 6:00 pm – VAPA Showcase
- March 16 – 19 Scholastics Bookfair
- Thursday, March 19 Awards Assembly – 8:30 am Grades 4-6
- Friday, March 20 Awards Assembly – Grades 4-6 8:30 am; Grades 2-3 9:15 am
- March 23 – April 3 NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
CVESD is offering the following workshops for parents at the CVESD office on 84 E. J Street. The topic “Social-Emotional Learning: What is it & How I can support it at Home?”
- February 6 9:30 am – 10:30 am in Room A & B
- February 10 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Room C
Students with PERFECT Attendance January 14 through May 4 will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Soccer Shots Registration Form
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
School Hours and Daily Schedule 2019-2020
Camarena Calendar of Events 2019-2020
District Year Round Calendar 2019-2020
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.