Wednesday, January 29 – Entrepreneur Academy applications will be available and must be turned in to Ms. Lidstone no later than Friday, February 7. The Entrepreneur Academy is sessions are after school and open to all 4-6 grade students but only 45 students will be chosen by a lottery system and able to participate. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to sell their products at the Entrepreneur Fair on Thursday, April 16 during the school day.
Yearbooks are now on sale! Pre-sale price is $36.00 through the end of February. If there are any additional yearbooks available after presales the cost will be $50.00. All sales will end March 20 and must be completed online at https://commpe.pictavo.com/. The SCHOOL CODE is 87294.
Soccer Shots Registration Form for next session.
Wednesday, February 19 – Registration begins for the 2020 – 2021 school year for Kindergarteners who will turn 5 years old on or before September 1 and new students in grades 1-6. Registration packets will be available in the school office beginning February 5.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District, the San Diego County Fair and Magic 92.5 FM will launch a Student Attendance Campaign on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 through May 4, 2020. Each student who has perfect attendance during the contest period will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
- Monday, February 3 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
- February 6 – 2nd Grade Wax Museum
- Friday, February 7 – Kids Heart Challenge
- Friday, February 7 8:30 am 4-6 Grade Camarena Speech Competition
- Friday, February 7 – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friendship Dance
- Friday, February 14 and Monday February 17 NO SCHOOL – President’s Holiday
- Friday, February 21 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Monday February 24 – Spring Picture Day
- Wednesday February 26 – 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
- Friday, February 28 – Military Families Robo-Bootcamp 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
CVESD is offering the following workshops for parents at the CVESD office on 84 E. J Street. The topic “Social-Emotional Learning: What is it & How I can support it at Home?”
- February 6 9:30 am – 10:30 am in Room A & B
- February 10 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Room C
Students with PERFECT Attendance January 14 through May 4 will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Camarena Basketball Team Schedule
- Team Dance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.