CONGRATULATIONS to 5th Grade Teacher Ms. Elsmore for being voted as Camarena’s Teacher of the Year! Go Robo!
Monday, January 13 NO SCHOOL. However, the school office will be open from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Tuesday, January 14 School resumes and it is a Minimum Day. Please notify those responsible for picking your child up that school will be dismissed early – K at 1:00 pm and all other students at 1:15 pm.
Friday, January 17 Session 4 for Team Dance begins. For more information see the flyer below.
Friday, January 24 at 8:30 am Dr. Mclaren will provide and inservice on “How to Help Your Child with Reading”. The inservice will be in the YMCA room.
Saturday, January 25 is the Camarena Spelling Bee. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chula Vista Elementary School District, the San Diego County Fair and Magic 92.5 FM will launch a Student Attendance Campaign on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 through May 4, 2020. Each student who has perfect attendance during the contest period will receive one free ticket to the San Diego County Fair!
- Monday, January 20 – NO SCHOOL – Dr. King Holiday
- Friday, January 24 8:30 am ELAC Mtg. – How to Help Your Child with Reading”
- Saturday, January 25 8:30 am – 1:00 pm Camarena Spelling BEE
- Monday, February 3 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
- February 6 & 7 2nd Grade Wax Museum
- Friday, February 7 – Kids Heart Challenge
- Friday, February 7 8:30 am 4-6 Grade Camarena Speech Competition
- Friday, February 7 – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friendship Dance
- Friday, February 14 and Monday February 17 NO SCHOOL – President’s Holiday
- Friday, February 21 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
- Monday February 24 – Spring Picture Day
- Wednesday February 26 – 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
- Friday, February 28 – Military Families Robo-Bootcamp 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Camarena Spirit Wear is available for purchase! Order Here.
“How to Support your Language Learner at Home” is the next parent at the CVESD district office located at 84 E. J Street. The training will be in room C at 11:00 am – 11:45. It is free.
The School District is also offering a preview on January 27 of the Adolescent Growth Education (AGE) program taught to students in grades 4 – 6. For more information contact the school district at 619-425-9600.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
- Chess Club
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.