Thursday, October 31 8:30 am – 9:30 am Halloween Parade on Blacktop
Halloween Costumes: Please note that students may wear Halloween Costumes for our Costume Parade ONLY. The Halloween Costume Parade will begin at 8:30 am to 9:30 am on the blacktop after teachers have taken attendance. Students must follow the following guidelines:
- NO masks or makeup, weapons (fake guns, swords, sickles, etc. or props (broomsticks, light savers, etc.).
- Costumes are to be tastefull and appropriate (no foul language or messages).
- Blood, guts, and gore are not allowed.
- Wear costumes on top of their clothes and remove after the parade. For safety purposes, students will not be allowed to go to the bathroom to change.
- Costumes must not require teacher or parent assistance.
- Students are responsible for the care of their costumes. The school is not responsible for costumes that are lost or damaged.
Friday, November 1 7:45 am – 10:00 am Dia De Los Muertos Displays in Auditorium
Girl Scout Troop 5097 is sponsoring a Seed Drive to support our school garden. Donations can be dropped off in the school office now through December 5th.
Camarena Spirit Wear is now available for purchase! Order Here.
Just a reminder for EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
1. No playing in the bathrooms at any time.
2. Students being picked up early, must be signed out in the office first. Teachers are not allowed to release students without a note from the school office. Students will not be sent to the office until the person picking up the child arrives.
3. Kindergarten parents must supervise their students after school if they are on the play structures.
4. Parking in the Bus Loop is illegal.
5. If you have concerns, notify the school administration. Do not approach other children or staff when visiting or volunteering unless someone is in imminant danger.
6. Taking pictures or videos while on campus without administration approval is strictly prohibited.
Chess Club Flyer – Next session Nov. 7 – Jan. 16.
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Camarena 2019 2020 teamdance
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- After School Homework Club
Sunday, November 3 Daylight Savings Time Ends – Set clocks back 1 hour
Saturday, November 9 CABE Mini-Conference at Otay Ranch High 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, November 11 NO SCHOOL – Veteran’s Day
Friday, November 15 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
Thursday, November 21 – Ultra Fun Run (Volunteers are Needed)
November 25-29 NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Break
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.