Congratulations to Ms. Muro’s class and Ms. Flores’ class for getting the most PTA members. Please consider joining PTA if you haven’t already for just $10.
Thank you to everyone who supported our Pennies for Patients Campaign to find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma. Camarena families and friends raised $3,328 for this worthy cause! Go Robo!
Monday, October 14 3:00 pm SSC Meeting
Tuesday, October 15 BOO Gram Orders Due! BOO Gram Order Form
Friday, October 18 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Military Family Game Night
Saturday, October 19 7:30 am – 12:00 pm Parent Academy Free Workshops Register
Volunteers Needed October 24 at 7:30 am to help direct our agency vehicles and student flow for our Red Ribbon Assembly Day. Please let the office know if you can help.
Monday, October 21 – “Sock it to Drugs” Crazy Sock Day!
Tuesday, October 22 – “Team up Against Drug” School Spirit Wear
Wednesday, October 23 – “Too Bright for Drugs” Wear Neon or Bright Colors
Thursday, October 24 – Red Ribbon Ceremony 8:15 am – 10:30 am – “Wear Red”
Friday, October 25 8:30 am “Drugs Make You Crazy” Crazy Hair Day
Garden Cleanup Project – If you would like to support our school garden click the link for more information. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help so far.
After School Homework Club is available for Camarena students starting 2nd Quarter. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 619-840-7886.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Heartlight Afterschool Dance
- Chess Club
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- Team Dance Flyer scholarship application 2019 2020(1)
Monday-Friday, October 21-25 Red Ribbon Week
Thursday, October 24 8:30 am Red Ribbon & Timecapsule Ceremonies
Thursday, October 31 8:30 am Halloween Parade
Halloween Costumes: Please note that students may wear Halloween Costumes for our Costume Parade ONLY. The Halloween Costume Parade will begin at 8:30 am to 9:30 am on the blacktop after teachers have taken attendance. Students must follow the following guidelines:
- NO masks or makeup, weapons (fake guns, swords, sickles, etc. or props (broomsticks, light savers, etc.).
- Costumes are to be tastefull and appropriate (no foul language or messages).
- Blood, guts, and gore are not allowed.
- Wear costumes on top of their clothes and remove after the parade. For safety purposes, students will not be allowed to go to the bathroom to change.
- Costumes must not require teacher or parent assistance.
- Students are responsible for the care of their costumes. The school is not responsible for costumes that are lost or damaged.
Friday, November 1 7:45 am – 10:00 am Dia De Los Muertos Displays
Sunday, November 3 Daylight Savings Time Ends – Set clocks back 1 hour
Monday, November 4 3:00pm SSC Mtg.
Monday, November 11 NO SCHOOL – Veteran’s Day
Friday, November 15 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
Thursday, November 21 – Ultra Fun Run (Volunteers are Needed)
November 25-29 NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Break
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.