Visitors/Volunteers may come on to campus this week. Please remember to sign in at the front office and wear your visitor’s/volunteer badge at all times.
Monday, August 5 at 3:00 pm – SSC Meeting in the Library (District Trainings for SSC-2019-flyer ENGLISH and SSC-2019-flyer SPANISH.
Friday, August 9 at 8:30 am ELAC meeting in the YMCA Room
Friday, August 9 Student Council applications are due.
Safety Patrol/Traffic Volunteers – are needed before and after school. If you are interested call the school office at 619-591-5500 or leave your contact information with the school secretary.
If you would like to have your childs’ birthday celebrated at Camarena then you may want to click the link and consider joining the Camarena Birthday Book Club!
- The office staff and custodians are not allowed to make deliveries during the school day or open up classrooms after school is out.
- Teachers are responsible for supervising their students in the mornings so please give him/her a note or schedule a conference if you need to talk to your child’s teacher.
- Make sure children have what they need before coming to school.
- Requests for classroom assignment changes must be in writing and will be considered after August 12 if space is available.
- When picking up students at the end of the day NO PARENTS are allowed upstairs. For everyones safety and to keep hallways clear for students please wait downstairs.
- The play structures are not available for play during arrival and dismissal.
- Medication is kept in the health office only.
Parent Implementation Program (PIP) is a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn new parenting strategies. For more information contact Chelsea Gould at 619-425-9600 ext. 6471.PIP-EspanolFlyer 19-20 PIP-EnglishFlyer 19-20
Please note that if students bring personal items to school – cell phones, trading cards, PE equipment, special jewelry, etc. the school is not responsible for any personal items if they are lost, broken or stolen.
Text Messenging is available to receive our weekly school information! Send a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school code 67587.
Health Fair and Back to School Kickoff August 10. Sponsered by Assemblymember Weber and Senator Atkins. Free backpacks while supplies last.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. Please do not park and/or leave your vehicle in the drive through zone.
3. NO Dogs during arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
6. Students not picked up by 2:55 pm (1:25 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office and must sign in. Persons picking up the child must come to the office to sign him/her out.
7. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
Thursday, August 22 Picture Day
Thursday, August 22 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Military Family Picnic
Friday, August 23 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
Friday, August 23 Student Council Elections
Monday, August 26 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
Friday, August 30 3:00 pm Family Movie Night (Sponsored by the PTA)
Monday, Sept. 2 NO SCHOOL