California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress
State testing begins this week. Taking these tests help teachers and administrators determine how students are making progress towards the standards that are set to measure how well we are preparing our children for college and/or careers. Though tests do not measure our full potential or what we are truly capable of, learning how to take tests is an important skill that is necessary for entrance into most colleges or required as an entry point for many careers.
Tips for Taking Tests
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Get enough sleep the night before.
- Leave in enough time to keep from rushing.
- Encourage and practice POSITIVE Self-Talk. “I’ve got this!
- Do your best!
- There will be NO Homework for Grades 3-6 during the weeks of CAASPP testing.
- CELL Phones and Smart Watches will be collected by teachers during testing.
- Students who are late will have to do make ups.
- Visitors and/or Volunteers are not allowed in classrooms during testing.
- Classrooms will not be interrupted during testing.
Tuesday, May 7 6:00 pm PTA Executive Board Mtg.
Tuesday, May 21 from 3:00 pm to 8 pm Please support our Fundraiser at Nuyo Frozen Yogurt. Bring the CamarenaRobogriffinsFundraiserFlyer and Mention Camarena and 20% of all sales will be donated back to our school!
Please NOTE – We will celebrate the DAY of the TEACHER on May 29!
Monday, May 13 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
Thursday, May 16 6:30 pm VAPA Showcase
Friday, May 17 6:00 pm Family Movie Night
Tuesday, May 21 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm Nuyo Frozen Yogurt Fundraiser
Wednesday, May 22 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
Friday, May 24 7:30 am Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Friday, May 24 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
May 28-31 Staff Appreciation Week
Wednesday, May 29 Day of the Teacher
Friday, May 31 Awards Assemblies (K-2 8:30 am and 3-5 9:30 am)
Friday, May 31 6:00 pm Camarena Dance Team Recital
Tuesday, June 4 Yearbooks Distributed and Signing
Wednesday, June 5 4:00 pm 6th Grade Promotion at Eastlake Church
Wednesday, June 5 LAST DAY of SCHOOL