Congratulations to our Masonic Award Winners – Isabella Blakely, Kyler Griffiths, Kohner Griffiths, Hailey Grullon, Andrew Rafal, and Breanna Reynoso!
The KINDNESS CHALLENGE is On! This week Student Council is challenging all students to do 30 ACTS of KINDNESS. Complete the Kinder- First Grade FORM or the Second – Sixth Grade FORM by the end of this week and give it to your teacher. Completed forms will be randomly selected to receive Shout Outs during the morning assemblies.
Monday, April 15 – 26 The APEX Fundraiser begins this week!
Monday, April 15 3:00 pm SSC Mtg. is Cancelled. Next Mtg. May 13 at 3:00 pm
Friday, April 19 Wear Red, White and Blue and show your American Pride
Friday, April 19 1:30 pm The Reclassification Ceremony will be in the Auditorium.
Session 5 for TEAM DANCE begins on Friday, April 19.
The End of the Year Test Schedule and Notification Letters will be sent home with your students on Monday, 4/15. TEST-TAKING TIPS. A few reminders about Testing:
- NO Homework for Grades 3-6 during the weeks of CAASPP testing (see classroom schedules).
- CELL Phones and Smart Watches will be collected by teachers during testing.
- BE ON TIME each day! Students who are late will have to do make ups.
- Visitors and/or Volunteers are not allowed in classroom during testing.
- Classrooms will not be interrupted during testing. Students may not leave the classroom once testing has started. (Check doctor and dentist appointments)
- Send a Snack Bag for your child during testing week: Granola Bars, Crackers, Pretzels but NO CANDY, Cheetos, Taki’s (refrain from things that are messy or sticky).
- Students in grades 3-6 should bring their own Personal Headset/Phones with their name on it or in a baggie with their name.
Volunteers are needed for our Camarena Military Game Night on Friday, April 26. If you are available and can help out contact Christine 619-318-9871 or email@example.com.
Friendly Reminder – Parents please make appointments with teachers to discuss concerns, address questions, etc. When teachers are entering their classrooms or are in the classroom providing instruction this time is to be uninterrupted. Also, during the morning ceremony teachers are on duty and expected to monitor the behaviors of their class. This is not the appropriate time for a parent/teacher conference.
GATE Parent Meeting at Muraoka Elementary April 16 at 6:00 pm. For more information call 619-216-5599.
Sweetwater Union High School District is offering a free symposium for parents on Saturday, April 27 from 7:30 am to 12 pm at Montgomery High School. Workshop topics include: Cyber Bullying, Success in College, Teen Depression and more. Space is limited. Click here to Register.
Tuesday, April 23 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
Friday, April 26 Purple up! Wear purple!
Friday, April 26 at 6:00 pm Come out for Camarena military game night