Monday, October 15 3:00 pm SSC Mtg. followed by School Safety Update (We will review the feedback we received from our Fire Marshal and our School Resource Officer visit and more)
Tuesday, October 16 8:30 am – 9:30 am Pastries for Parents
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am Visit your child’s classroom
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Enjoy coffee and Pastries on the grass area with the Principal, Vice Principal, and PTA
Thursday, October 18 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm “Teach-a-Rama” NGSS and Makerspace Free Workshop. Come learn about the Next Generation Science Standards and the plan for Camarena to create a Makerspace. There will be hands-on activities and a Taco truck for you to purchase food for dinner. This event is sponsored by the National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc. Delta Upsilon Chapter.
Please do not park in the drop off, pick up lane.
Please DO NOT double and triple park in the parking lot.
Please allow classes to get to their classrooms in a timely manner.
Please schedule appointments with teachers if you need to talk to him/her. Trying to conference with teachers when they are trying to get their students in the classroom and get started with instruction is not appropriate. Thank you for your cooperation!
Halloween Costumes: Please note that students may wear Halloween Costumes for our Costume Parade ONLY on Friday, October 26. The Halloween Costume Parade will begin at 8:30 am to 9:30 am on the blacktop after teachers have taken attendance. Students must follow the following guidelines:
- NO masks or makeup, weapons (fake guns, swords, sickles, etc. or props (broomsticks, light savers, etc.).
- Costumes are to be tastefull and appropriate (no foul language or messages).
- Blood, guts, and gore are not allowed.
- Wear costumes on top of their clothes and remove after the parade. For safety purposes, students will not be allowed to go to the bathroom to change.
- Costumes must not require teacher or parent assistance.
- Students are responsible for the care of their costumes. The school is not responsible for costumes that are lost or damaged.
- Music Wish List – Please support our music program and consider donating one or more of the items on our Wish List.Garden Club meets each Friday morning at 7:30 am at the School Garden. All are welcome.Please note if you need to pick up your child during the school day for appointments, arrive at least 30 minutes early as it may take some time to locate children during recess, lunch, and potential transition periods.
- October 22-26 Red Ribbon Week
Wednesday, October 24 Panoramic Picture (Wear Red)
Wednesday, October 24 6:00 pm PTA General Mtg.
Thursday, October 25 8:30 am – 10:30 am Law Enforcement Day
Friday, October 26 8:30 am Halloween Costume Parade
- Friday, November 2 9:30 am ELAC Meeting
Sunday, November 4 Don’t Forget to SET CLOCKS back 1 hour
Monday, November 5 3:00 pm SSC Meeting
November 5 – 9 BOGO Bookfair
Monday, November 12 NO SCHOOL (Veteran’s Day)
Tuesday, November 13 6:00 pm PTA Executive Board Meeting
November 19 – 23 NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break
Wednesday, November 23 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting
Friday, December 7 8:30 am ELAC Meeting
Friday, December 7 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Winterwonderland
Monday, December 10 3:00 pm SSC Meeting
Friday, December 14 Awards Assemblies
December 24 – January 14 NO SCHOOL Winter BreakFor District Notifications 2018-19 SMS Text Opt-in English or Spanish
- Transportation Registration Information
- *2018-19 School Calendar