Thank you to all of our wonderful PTA and ELAC Volunteers for your support at our Meet & Greet! You are the Robo Rockstars of the Week!
1. Traffic Control before and after school. If you can help please notify the school office.
2. Social and Emotional Committee (first meeting this Thursday, July 26 from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm).
3. Interview Panel July 30 from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
4. Parents to serve on SSC_Parent_Recruit_Letter copy complete form and turn in by August 3, 2018.
Monday, July 23 is the First Day of School starts at 8:15 am for students Grades 1-6 dismissal is 1:15 pm (Minimum Day). Dismissal after the first day is 2:45 pm. (We are a PEANUT FREE Campus)
- Kindergarten Orientation 9:15 am – 11:15 am in the auditorium. Please note Kinder dismissal for the first week (July 23 – 27) will be 11:15 am. After the first week Kinder dismissal is 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:00 pm on Fridays and all other minimum days
- Transportation Registration Letter for 18-19
If you were unable to come to the Meet & Greet to find out your child’s teacher, PTA volunteers will be on hand to provide you with that information and the first day packet.
Wednesday, July 25 – 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting see AGENDA below!
Thursday, July 26 – 6:00 pm is Parent Information Night. The topics include:
- Campus Safety – What every parent should know.
- What are SSC, ELAC, LCAP, and SPSA and how do they help your child?
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) (for parents of students in grades 3-6)
Friday, July 27 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm First grade parents are invited to a Back-to-School presentation in your child’s classroom. Come learn about the expectations, standards, and curriculum in first grade. Childcare will be provided.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
(For everyone’s safety, the back gate will be closed and locked each day at 8:15 am.)
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. At the end of the day once the gates open parents may pick up their children at the classrooms on the first level ONLY. Parents are not allowed to go upstairs to pick up students.
6. Please keep the front gate entryway clear.
7. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
8. Students not picked up by 2:25 pm (1:25 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
9. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
School Site Council (SSC) is in need of 4 Parent Representatives interested in serving on our school’s governance board that oversees student achievement and the school budget. Nominations will be accepted now through August 5. No experience necessary, just a willingness to serve. Once the ballot is determined, elections will be held on August 6. The first official SSC meeting will be held on August 16. SSC meets approximately one time per month on Thursdays from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL INFORMATION:
If you arrive late – stop in the office for a late slip. Every 3 tardies equals 1 absence.
If you are not picked up at the end of the day on time, you will be directed to the front office and will need to be signed out by the adult who is picking you up.
Wednesday, August 1 – 8:30 am or 6:30 pm Volunteer In-services. Please note that for everyone’s safety NO Visitors or Volunteers will be allowed on campus until August 6. Volunteers must attend one of the Volunteer In-services on August 1.
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available beginning August 13.
Soccer opportunities: Free Clinic CamarenaflyerFreeClinic2018 and camp GEFC JR Session III
Thursday, August 16 at 3:00 pm School Site Council (SSC) First Official Meeting.
Thursday, August 23 CURRICULUM NIGHT 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
***Session 1 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
***Session 2 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
***Session 3 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Camarena School-Parent Compact
Camarena Events Calendar 18-19 Draft (2)
First grade parents are invited to a Back-to-School presentation this coming Friday, July 27th, after school from 1:30-2:15 in your child’s classroom. Come learn about the expectations, standards, and curriculum in first grade. Childcare will be provided.