Friday, July 20, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Meet Dr. McLaren the principal and Ms. Talamante the Associate Principal.
- Find out the name of your child’s teacher and room number.
- Join the PTA and find out about volunteer opportunities. However, you do not need to be able to volunteer to be a PTA member.
- The Family Resource Center will be on hand to share parent resources that are available in the community.
Monday, July 23 is the First Day of School starts at 8:15 am for students Grades 1-6 dismissal is 1:15 pm (Minimum Day). Dismissal after the first day is 2:45 pm.
- Kindergarten Orientation 9:15 am – 11:15 am in the auditorium. Please note Kinder dismissal for the first week (July 23 – 27) will be 11:15 am. After the first week Kinder dismissal is 2:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:00 pm on Fridays and all other minimum days
- Transportation Registration Letter for 18-19
DROP OFF AND PICK UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Drop off and pick up students only in the front of the school and not the bus loop.
2. If you must leave your car, park in the parking lot and not the drive through zone.
3. Please do not bring animals including dogs on campus at any time – this includes arrival and dismissal.
4. Please do not park in RESERVED spaces.
5. Please wait at the front of the school to pick up your child.
6. Please keep the front gate entryway clear.
7. Students must walk bikes, hover boards, and skate boards on side walks.
8. Students not picked up by 2:25 pm (1:25 pm on minimum days) will be escorted to the office, sign in and need to be signed out by the person picking him/her up.
9. For everyone’s safety BE PATIENT, KIND, and CONSIDERATE.
School Site Council (SSC) is in need of 4 Parent Representatives interested in serving on our school’s governance board that oversees student achievement and the school budget. Nominations will be accepted now through August 5. No experience necessary, just a willingness to serve. Once the ballot is determined, elections will be held on August 6. The first official SSC meeting will be held on August 16. SSC meets approximately one time per month on Thursdays from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
Wednesday, July 25 – 6:00 pm PTA General Meeting
Thursday, July 26 – 6:00 pm is Parent Information Night. The topics include:
- Campus Safety – What every parent should know.
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) (for parents of students in grades 3-6)
- What are SSC, ELAC, LCAP, and SPSA and how do they help your child?
Wednesday, August 1 – 8:30 am or 6:30 pm Volunteer In-services. Please note that for everyone’s safety NO Visitors or Volunteers will be allowed on campus until August 6. Volunteers must attend one of the Volunteer In-services on August 1.
Please note if you wish to drop off lunch or other items to your child during the school day you may do so only during your child’s recess or lunch time. Students will not be pulled from instructional time and office staff are not permitted to hold items in the office or make deliveries.
No changes will be made to class assignments in the first 3 weeks of school. If you would like to request a classroom change after that you may submit your request in writing with rationale as to why you are requesting a change. Changes will be considered only if space is available beginning August 13.
Thursday, August 16 at 3:00 pm School Site Council (SSC) First Official Meeting.
Thursday, August 23 CURRICULUM NIGHT 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
***Session 1 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
***Session 2 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
***Session 3 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm